Celebrating its nineteenth birthday, 'Souls powered through a year that, in more ways (and places) than one, was rife with a great deal of drama and change. But we got through it together and are hopeful for 2021! What wonderful and wicked stories lay ahead of us next year? :O
Major IC Events
- At the turn of the year, a dreadful blizzard bore down on the region, dumping several feet of snow over three days and threatening the lives of many within its path.
- With scarcely any time to breathe, survivors of the blizzard experienced a new natural phenomenon on February 6th: a 5.9 magnitude earthquake, followed later in the month by a mid-winter thaw that saw many communities flooded.
- As spring ushered in longer days and warming temperatures, a hauntingly familiar type of flower began to emerge in April.
- Coinciding with the reemergence of the flowers were the arrival of three Luperci, their faces covered with strange, beak-like masks, warning of a coming plague. They offered a cure in the form of mysterious bundles that could be traded for and then, just as quietly as they arrived, so too did they leave.
- A second earthquake, this one a 7.8 magnitude, shook the region on May 10th, causing catastrophic changes to the Eastern Realms
- On June 30th, Mistfell Vale disbanded after its sole leader chose to raise her newborn children in their father's pack of New Caledonia.
- Beginning in the morning on September 1st, Death Mountain gradually sunk into the sea, further altering the terrain.
- In early November, a literal boatload of new bNPCs set up camp near Mersey Cove. Citing a desire to trade, explore, and learn, this crew of six seems here to stay, at least for a while.
Major OOC Events
- A new channel, #soulsverse, was added to Discord to allow 'Soulsters a place to post all those awesome post-apocalyptic and writing inspiration, resources, and discussion.
- To help players better identify and develop their character's skillsets, we added a new Skills section to the RP Guide!
- The Wiki saw some changes, including some updated policies, a Wiki guideline for formatting, and the addition of a responsive skin and responsive divs to make the Wiki more mobile-friendly.
- A couple of wonderful player-run contests were held: Miranda's Spring Spree and San's La Roja Bingo!
- After several years without them, we brought back board NPCs for characters to interact with!
- To help maintain fairness and realism, livestock caps for packs were implemented and a new rule limiting the number of hoofed animals a character can have upon joining.
- After learning we had to change forum software, we moved to a new board! :O Along with the board move, we also introduced brand-spankin'-new OOC accounts!
- A new October contest, dubbed Wordtober, was a smashing success!
- Among various other birthday shenanigans, a new AU Contest was run to much fanfare as well!